Team up seeks a roll-up-your-sleeves type person to join our team!
Do you have an accounting background with nonprofits? Do you want to make an impact and help a great up and coming local nonprofit? Do you love music? If you answered yes to any/all of those questions then you may be the person we’re looking for!
Team Up is currently searching for our next Treasurer & Board Member. As the Treasurer, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the organization’s financial and accounting systems, maintain adequate internal controls, and be a lead player in annual financial audits. Reporting to the president, you will also ensure accurate and timely submission of all required financial reports and compliance reporting requirements, all in adherence to generally accepted accounting principles.
Other Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all aspects of nonprofit accounting and financial management information requirements, including managing cash, bank accounts relationship, and any compliance documentation required.
- Responsible for the preparation of internal and external monthly financial statements and reports
- Work closely with the president and executive team to develop and oversee the organization’s annual budget
- Present and answer questions about health of organization at every Board of Director’s meeting (held monthly)
- Background in Accounting — CPA a plus, but not required
- Experience with Nonprofit Accounting –Grant management a plus but not required
- Effective and cooperative communication skills, ability to work with diverse groups of people from all backgrounds
- Able to work independently & Self Starter
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting with strong reconciliation skills
If you are interested, please contact Amanda Wong and let’s chat!Tags: Board Member, open position, Treasurer