Team Up Board Seeks Communications Director
Do you have a background in PR or marketing? Do you love music and supporting local nonprofits? If you’re looking for an opportunity to channel your communications smarts into meaningful and rewarding service to our community, Team Up for Nonprofits may be looking for you!
· Board Meetings (2‐3 hours per month) ‐ Includes prep time and review of meeting minutes
· Monthly Subcommittee Meetings (2‐3 hours and more if needed) ‐ Includes prep and minutes
· Oversight of Subcommittee/Team Member Functions (1‐2 hours per week)
· Event Communication (1‐2 hrs/week avg, 3‐4 hrs/week pre‐event) ‐ Press Releases, Posters, etc.
· Overall PR & Marketing Communications & Activities (1‐2 hrs per week) – blogging, etc.Key Responsibilities:
· Oversee the Communications Team, including recruiting and developing the team members (other BOD members and volunteers).
· Partner with the Social Media Director on overall branding and campaign strategies.
· Schedule/manage regular Team meetings, including agenda preparation, meeting facilitation, meeting minutes (as necessary), and debrief to Board of Directors at monthly board meetings.
· Brand book/guide development.
· Develop new collateral and brochures for Team Up.
· Blogger and media outreach seeking interviews with Team Up President or the bands and extending invites to the events.
· Coordinate on advertising (buy ‐ design – placement).
· Event posted on all public event sites.
· Ticket sales promotions.
· Blog posts with interviews with each band. Blog post telling the story of how the funds raised will be used by the Nonprofit Partner.
If you’re interested in joining Team Up’s Board of Directors as the Director of Communications, please reach out via our contact page.