It’s already the time of year to think of New Year’s resolutions. If you’ve been thinking about ways to make a difference in your community but don’t know where to start—look no further than Team Up for Nonprofits!
We’re a 100% volunteer-run organization, and we can only continue to build capacity for nonprofits with the time commitment of talented and dedicated individuals like you.
Volunteering with Team Up is a phenomenal experience because:
- Giving back feels good. It’s a simple as that. You will help spread the word about awesome nonprofits so that they can grow their reach and mission.
- It’s a unique opportunity to hang out with an awesome group of Team Up veterans, Seattle music industry folks and local nonprofits representatives.
- You don’t have to commit time to one nonprofit. We work with a group of unique nonprofits, touching a number of organizations with diverse missions.
- There’s opportunity to build your resume with special and rare experiences. We function like a start-up – we have to be scrappy, savvy, and smart about every decision we make, and we have minimal resources.
- Where else can you get a behind-the-scenes look at coordinating cool music concerts and what motivates people to attend benefit events?
There are endless volunteering opportunities in 2014.
Development Director – Board Position (10-20 hours/month)
The Development Director is responsible for seeking out and managing potential donors/sponsors, grants, and other strategic partners for Team Up well as the Gigs4Good program. The Development Director leads a subcommittee in creating criteria for levels of sponsorship, editing and managing the sponsorship presentation packet, and gathering metrics for post-event follow up. This person is a key player in building relationships and coordinating with each selected donor before, during, and after the Gigs4Good and other (fundraising) events.
Volunteers – all levels of experience welcome!
A volunteer requires less of a time commitment and we welcome people with little to no experience with volunteering. We just ask for a couple hours of your time each month. There are a few specific positions where we need help, but don’t hesitate to suggest other areas as well:
- Social media community managers – supporting the frequent posting of content that informs and inspires our communities on owned social media properties:
- Website manager – taking the lead on reimaging and rebuilding our website as well as making content updates before each of our Gigs4Good concerts. WordPress, CSS and HTML experience required. Knowledge of WordPress optimization. Good understanding of ways to implement template updates for web and mobile. Ability to provide applicable SEO
- Advertising manager – working with local press and organizations to secure ad placements
- Blogger – writing short posts about nonprofits doing cool things, the best upcoming concerts, nonprofit events, organizations and people using social for good, etc.
- Event calendar updates – submitting details about our Gigs4Good concerts and other events to online calendars on news sites and blogs.
- Fundraising – supporting the Development Director (see description above) with securing and managing sponsorships.
- Street team – becoming a formal ambassador for Team up by posting posters for the Gigs4Goods and developing and managing swag that can be sold at events.
- Video production – this year, we’d like to create a “hero” video to tell our story. This video would be used in sponsorship pitches to win over the hearts of potential sponsors.
If you are interested in joining us in 2014, please send us a note at info (at) teamupfornonprofits (dot) org
We look forward to working with you!